Palermo is not the only pearl around Mondello. There are many other destinations easy to travel to.
1. Monreale 8 km away from the city is a international tourist destination, for the famous Duomo (the Cathedral), recently added to the Unesco World heritage Sites together with the Cathedral of Cefalú.
2. Sferracavallo is a small picturesque marinare hamlet, 10 km from Mondello, easy to cycle to get a taste of typical fish meals, or to get to the west access of Capo Gallo Natural Reserve.
3. Isola delle Femmine (Women Island) very close to Mondello, is a little town for more beach side experiences.
4. Zingaro Natural Reserve is about 40 km from Mondello, and stretches at west of the Gulf of Castellammare, along the east side of the peninsula of Saint Vito Cape, which is wonderful to visit with a motorboat.
5. Segesta archeological site, 74 km away from the Villa, is a site of great historical interest, particularly beautiful the Doric temple and the Greek Temple carved out in the rock of the hill.
6. Selinunte 119 Km away, was an old Greek city on the Sicilian south-west. Its ruins are all around Castelvetrano, in Trapani, and it forms a 40 hectares archeological side.
7. Cefalú 69 km away, and it is one of the most important sea towns in the whole Region. It is part of the Club of the Most Beautiful Villages, Italian association that lists small sites important for art, culture and history matters, care of services and public wellbeing.
8. Trapani is 105 km away and it is known as the City of Salt and Sail.
9. Marsala is 115 km away, for Garibaldi’s Expedition of the Thousand who landed here the 11th of May 1860 and for the Marsala wine. Built on the Punic ruins of the cities of Lilibeo and Mozia and at the centre of the Natural Reserve of the Stagnone islands.
Saline di Mozia
10. Erice, is 103 km away. It is a Phoenician and Greek, 751 m above the sea, on Mount Erice from which you can see the sea far away and can spot the Egadi Island.